The goal of the PACC Scholarship is to provide students who demonstrate leadership skills and involvement in activities that promote awareness of the Palestinian culture, college tuition assistance, and guidance to continue such leadership at their college/university. The PACC Scholarship strives for students to serve as leaders at their college/university campus through participation in relevant campus organizations and community service; skills which would help students excel throughout their academic years and as they enter into their careers. Furthermore, the PACC Scholarship also provides assistance to deserving students presenting a financial need, and encourages their excellence in academics.
Up to six (6) scholarship awards are available in amounts of $3,000 annually. Awards are provided for one (1) year only, however recipients may re-apply each year. All scholarship funds will be paid directly to the college or university and shall be disbursed at the start of every semester.
SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY/FUNDING REQUIREMENTS
- Applicant should be able to demonstrate leadership skills and involvement in activities that promote awareness of the Palestinian culture.
- Applicant must be a high school senior applying for a bachelor degree, a current undergraduate student enrolled in the 2018 academic year as a full time student, or working towards a post-graduate degree at a college or university in the state of Texas.
- Applicant must have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 at the time of application.
- Applicant is required to submit the below application, including an essay, updated resume, and an unofficial transcript from the most recently completed semester.
- A letter of recommendation must be sent directly from the recommending party to PACC.
- Applicant may be required to conduct an interview with members of the PACC Board or PACC Scholarship Committee.
- Applicant may not be an immediate family member of any PACC Board or PACC Scholarship Committee.
Scholarship Funding Requirements: Once the scholarship is awarded, the Applicant must comply with the following requirements to avoid scholarship forfeiture.
- Student must maintain a 2.75 GPA.
- Student must be a full-time student.
- Student must actively participate in one of the following:
- a campus student organization related to their major,
- a campus student cultural or religious organization,
- community service (minimum 2 events a semester), or
- be employed part-time.
APPLICATION DUE DATE
Applications are due by 11:59 pm on Sunday, June 24, 2018