The goal of the PACC Scholarship is to provide students who demonstrate leadership skills and involvement in activities that promote awareness of the Palestinian culture, college tuition assistance, and guidance to continue such leadership at their college/university. The PACC Scholarship strives for students to serve as leaders at their college/university campus through participation in relevant campus organizations and community service; skills which would help students excel throughout their academic years and as they enter into their careers. Furthermore, the PACC Scholarship also provides assistance to deserving students presenting a financial need, and encourages their excellence in academics.
Four (4) scholarship awards will be awarded annually. The awards will be given to the student for the duration of their time at university as they work towards receiving their undergraduate degree, the award will be given for up to four (4) years for a total of $7,000.
Year 1: $2,500
Year 2: $2,000
Year 3: $1,500
Year 4: $1,000
Winners will not need to reapply, they must however continue to meet eligibility criteria to obtain all funding.
This scholarship is only available during the student’s time studying for their undergrad degree and does not roll over into any higher education endeavors.
All scholarship funds will be paid directly to the college or university and shall be disbursed at the start of every semester.
- Applicant should be able to demonstrate leadership skills and involvement in activities that promote awareness of the Palestinian culture.
- Applicant must be a high school senior applying for a bachelor degree or a current undergraduate student enrolled in the 2019 academic year as a full time student at a college or university in the state of Texas.
- Applicant must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75 at the time of application.
- Applicant is required to submit the below application, including an essay, updated resume, and an unofficial transcript from the most recently completed semester.
- A letter of recommendation must be sent directly from the recommending party to PACC at Scholarship@PaccHouston.org. The letter cannot be written by a family member.
- Applicant may be required to conduct an interview with members of the PACC Board or PACC Scholarship Committee.
- Applicant may not be an immediate family member of any PACC Board or PACC Scholarship Committee.
Once the scholarship is awarded, the Applicant must comply with the following requirements to avoid scholarship forfeiture.
- Student must maintain a cumulative GPA of least 2.75.
- Student must be enrolled in school full-time.
- Student must actively participate in one of the following:
- a campus student organization related to their major,
- a cultural or activist student organization,
- community service (minimum 2 events a semester), or
- be employed part-time.
APPLICATION DUE DATE
Applications are due by 11:59 pm on Sunday, June 23, 2019
Applications for 2019 are no longer being accepted. Subscribe to be notified when applications for 2020 are open.